How to Join Kingfishers
For new swimmers joining the club it is important that they are placed in a group which matches their ability and for this reason if you are interested in joining us we would expect you to undertake a short assessment. These are held once per term on the last Thursday before each half term.
All children wishing to join the club should firstly put their name on the waiting list. When there are spaces in the club, children at the top of the waiting list will be called to attend a club trial where they will be assessed. Club trials are generally held once every term. If you want to be added to the waiting list for the next try-out please contact Petrus Lindeque, Membership Secretary with the following details:
- Your child's name
- Your child's date of birth
- The ability of your child eg: which level of swimming lessons they currently attend
Guideline Minimum Joining Criteria
- To be able to swim 100m in recognisable frontcrawl, backcrawl and breaststroke.
- To have achieved ASA Water Skills 4 or be able to:
- Jump into the deep end and tread water for 30 seconds
- Perform a surface dive
- Perform a forward somersault
- Swim 5m using dolphin leg kick only
- Swim 5m underwater
- Scull 5m head first and return feet first
- To have achieved STA level 4 Shark 3 award (Improvers 2 level or above).
Note that these are guidelines only. Generally, children will not be ready to join the club until they are in the NPTS Level 7
or above lessons or equivalent.